DIRECTOR - CINEMATOGRAPHER - CREATIVE PROFESSIONAL
WHO I AM
A director, storyteller and creative professional widely experienced in collaborating with creative teams and managing clients in developing and executing emotionally-connective and strategically-focused advertising campaigns, content and cross-media production assets for brands ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies and their advertising agencies.
WHERE I’VE CONTRIBUTED
INTERBORO SPIRITS AND ALES - Director/Creative Consultant, NY, NY 2017
ROAR BEVERAGES - Director/Creative Consultant, Huntington, NY 2015-2017
TRIPTENT - Director/Creative Consultant, NY, NY 2014-2017
NEW YORK DISTILLING CO - Director/Creative Consultant, NY, NY 2014 - 2015
- Created, wrote, directed Instagram content for Interboro’s Fall 2017 can launch.
- Created, wrote, directed viral digital campaign featuring a fictitious YouTube personality for Roar Beverage’s launch of a completely organic product. Created Instagram Story “sneak peaks” of viral content to build awareness and hype in advance of YouTube/PR campaign and product launch.
- Conceived and photographed print and digital campaign featuring and announcing New York Giant’s Wide Receiver, Odell Beckham Jr. as Roar’s first pro athlete spokesperson.
- Wrote, created, directed, and managed edit and animation teams for KPMG AI and RPA technology digital shorts aimed at CIOs.
- Wrote, directed, shot and edited digital and sales promo assets for Ortlieb waterproof bags.
- Wrote, produced, directed and shot digital content companions to Vogue Hombre and Martha Stewart Weddings pubs, including digital content feature of Sophia Vergara for 2015 Fall Style Issue of Martha Stewart Weddings.
- Wrote, directed, shot digital and social assets for launch of New York Distilling Co.
IDENTITY MEDIA - Director/Cinematographer, NY, NY 2009 - present
GOOD FILMS - Director NY, NY 2001 - 2009
CHELSEA PICTURES - Director NY, NY 1998 - 2000
- Gave life to million-dollar ad campaigns through developing creative solutions and challenging the norm.
- Collaborated with ad agencies and their clients to execute fully integrated marketing campaigns by directing TV commercials, digital content, short films, in-store video installations, Vine videos, corporate and sales videos on time and on budget.
- Led creative vision and client integration/involvement with all key production departments from prep through project completion.
- Partnered with Concern Worldwide, PetSmart, Kohl’s, Burlington, Red Lobster, Mc Donald’s, Verizon, Purina, Eli Lilly, SAP, the U.S. Navy, GlaxoSmithKline, Colgate-Palmolive, General Mills, Proctor and Gamble, Carhartt, Nordstrom, Lowe’s, AT&T, WPP, Fallon, McCann, Publicis, Campbell-Ewald, Leo Burnett, JWT, Omnicom among others.
- Directed all national advertising spots, select internet content and social media material for PetSmart Corp for 2016. Viral video featuring PS Grooming Services received 600,000+ views on Facebook. The company posted $200 million+ growth in 2016, and opened 73 new stores.
- Directed all national advertising spots for Burlington Stores Inc. for 2013-2015. Wrote, cast and directed campaign featuring real Burlington customers, designed to pivot consumer perceptions of Burlington to “more than just coats.” The campaign and associated social assets were hailed by consumers and company execs alike. Burlington posted a 16% revenue increase across the two-year period.
- Wrote and directed documentary-shorts series for the U.S. Navy’s Medical Command. Series boosted recruitment/retention of medical staff during the height of the wars in the Middle East.
- Wrote and directed viral “peephole” (DOOH) video concepts for Nordstrom Rack which were streamed through windows in the construction facade of their Union Square, NY location while under renovation. The provocative videos surprised curious passersby, generating buzz for the store’s opening and garnering press in Screen and Millimeter magazines for their “engaging” and “innovative” style.
DOCUMENTARIES AND TELEVISION I’VE CREATED
- Standing/Still Standing — waltonfilms, 2017. Wrote, produced, directed and shot independent documentary short Standing/Still Standing featuring a paraplegic yoga instructor and three of his students. 2017 Premier at NVFF. 2018 festival selections pending.
- The Thing That Happened — waltonfilms, 2011. Wrote, produced and directed independent documentary short The Thing That Happened featuring former child soldiers at the Hope North School in Uganda, Africa. Official Selection; UNAFF, Doc NY, New Orleans FF, Woodstock FF, Hollyshorts FF.
- Official Selection: UNAFF, Woodstock FF, Holly Shorts FF, Doc NY, Miami Shorts FF, New Orleans FF, Bay Street FF, Africa World FF
- Future Ships – CBS News Productions/Discovery Channel, 2008. Wrote, produced and directed a one-hour episode, Future Ships for the Discovery Channel’s Next World series. Series ran nationally and internationally.
- Arctic Son – Arts Engine/PBS-POV, 2007. Wrote and directed the independent documentary feature film Arctic Son broadcast on PBS nationally, screened at 30 film festivals in the U.S, Canada and Europe and now housed in the permanent collection in National Geographic’s film archive. Hailed by the New York Times as having, “… a tension that never really fades.”
AWARDS I’VE WON
- The Thing That Happened - Grand Jury Prize, United Nations Association Film Festival.
- The Thing That Happened - Honorable Mention, Best Short Documentary, Woodstock Film Festival.
- Arctic Son - Best Cinematography, Woodstock Film Festival.
MY AGENCY EXPERIENCE
- Fallon - Sr Producer
- Campbell Ewald - Sr Producer
- Doner - Producer
THINGS I CAN RUN
AdobeCC Premier/Photoshop, FCP, Avid, Arri Amira & Mini, Sony FS 7 & 5, Canon C300 & 5D
WHERE I STUDIED
University of Massachusetts - Amherst, MA - B.A. English
New York University - SCE - Filmmaking